Spectra Group’s team of Ph.D. synthetic chemists with hands-on experience in organic synthetic and physical organic chemistry has full access to state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation including:
- GC/MS, NMR, IR, UV-vis and elemental analysis
- All analytical spectroscopic techniques – fluorescence and phosphorescence spectrometry
- Spectra Group has collaborative agreements with the University of Toledo and Bowling Green State University for use of some of their analytical facilities. Analytical services are available on a contract basis.
- In addition, our team uses the most current information and documentation with access to:
- Major chemical databases - Beilstein and SciFinder
- American Chemical Society chemical literature
- Complete library access
These modern equipment and instrumentation capabilities support Spectra Group’s Research & Development efforts, as well as large scale manufacturing.
- One-step or multi-step synthesis up to 50 L per loading for a variety of compounds
- Low temperature synthesis at – 78°C
- Reaction methodology/optimization – to determine best conditions (catalyst, solvent, thermal regime, etc.) for a known reaction
- Scale up recommendations - using optimization techniques to make recommendations before transfer to a toll manufacturer
- Toll production – using either the customer or our own optimized conditions
- Mechanism studies as required